Monday, July 14, 2008

Quick Story

We had a fun weekend but I want to write down a quick Aria story before I forget it...


Sunday night, Aria and I decided to go for a quick swim. She entered the water before me and quickly started her underwater show-off exercises. She came up laughing saying "Help! I'm drowning!!". I quickly put on my stern voice and said to her, "Don't ever say that jokingly. You ONLY say something like that when you are really in trouble. Did I ever tell you the story of The Boy Who Cried Wolf?". "No.", she replied, "Get in and tell me the story". 
I sauntered over to the diving board, bounced twice and jumped high into the air. My perfect arc, swan-like pose and last second half twist garnered approving, jealous nods from our neighbors. After I surfaced, I swam to Aria's side and proceeded to tell her the full length story. I gave details of angry villagers, pitchforks and torches in the night. It ended with the young liar being torn asunder while the villagers ignored his pleas. Aria listened intently. When I had finished, I asked her, "What do you think that story is trying to teach you?" 
Her reply: "Don't drown.".


2 comments:

mike said...

Now, that funny!~

k.j. said...

holy cow. that is so funny. plus, you write good.