Sunday, October 05, 2008

OK, ok, ok..

I had plans to go into a long dissertation on the darkness in my soul/reason for not posting for 2 months, but I'm just going to pick up with a calm weekend that shows how great my life really is.

Here is the first 2 minutes of my Saturday morning :



Aria and I spent most of the week sleeping out in the tent on the deck. A great combo of stars, city lights and easy bathroom access. Saturday also included a trip to the Halloween store and the purchase of a hermit crab. His name is Doc.

Sunday brought pumpkin purchases/carving and house decorating. Kindra and I even made it to a movie, Vicky Kristina Barcelona. After seeing it, our marriage is still in tact  but I had to warn Kindra that if both  Scarlette Johanssen and Penelope Cruz try to simultaneously seduce me in a photography darkroom, we may have troubles. 
Barring that, we're cool! 
A man must know his limits. 

The evening brought an impromptu party with the arrivals of Kurt and Petrina Bestor, and Russ and Kindee Dixon. A booze fueled barf-fest that could only end in tragedy. 
Or shame. 
Tragically, neither. 

Everyone was gone by 8:30 with the kids in bed shortly thereafter. 

More later. Must sleep now.

4 comments:

k.j. said...

sounds fantastic! great to hear from you again. im jealous we missed the raging party. cant wait to meet doc. hope you figure out the photo thing. and the dark night of your soul. and must say i myself think i would have to do the same if alone in a dark room with scarlett and penelope.

SWILUA said...

are those kindra's paintings? they're fantastic.

Unknown said...

let me tell you... scarlett and penelope look even better in the dark.

I love seeing pictures in your house cause I love your house...

mike said...

john, you are a funny man! i need to do another road trip with you. i could use some laugh therapy. i miss just hanging out. well, at least we got the blog.

btw, kindra's paintings look amazing in your new home!